The China Agricultural Museum, and the National Agricultural Exhibition Center, are two appellations for the same institution attached to the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs of PRC. It’s located at Dongsanhuan North Road, Chaoyang District, Beijing. In July 1983, the preparation for the construction of CAM started under the authorization of the State Council; it opened its doors to the public on 13 Sep. 1986.
The premises of CAM were initially the structures for the National Agricultural Exhibition Center Complex built in 1959. The location, scale, layout, and construction style of the National Agricultural Exhibition Center were examined and approved by Premier Zhou En Lai, as a commemoration of the 10th Anniversary of PRC; it was built up and put into operation before the National Day (1 Oct.) 1959, and was listed as one of the “Top Ten Constructions” in Beijing in 1950s; it was the only large-scale exhibition center in the garden-style in China.